Postdoctoral Excellence in Research and Teaching (PERT)
PCC PERT Home
- Title of Project: Postdoctoral Excellence in Research and Teaching (PERT) (Link).
- UA Principal Investigator: Nicholas Strausfeld, Ph.D. (firstname.lastname@example.org), Arizona Research Laboratories, Center for Insect Science, University of Arizona.
- Administrative Assistant: Teresa Kudrna (email@example.com), Center for Insect Science, University of Arizona, (520) 621-4923.
- PCC Project Director: Hema Bandaranayake, PhD. (firstname.lastname@example.org), Department of Biology, Pima Community College.
- Current Support Period: 08/01/2015 through 07/31/2018
- Funding: National Institute of General Medical Sciences (Minority Opportunities in Research).
- Goal: "PERT aims to increase participation of members of underrepresented minority groups in careers in biomedicine, biotechnology, and the life sciences."
- University of Arizona post-doctoral scientists
- Conduct research, teach at PCC, and mentor
- Pima Community College Faculty
- Conduct research at UA, teach biotechnology, and mentor post-docs in their teaching
- Biotechnology courses