|Schedule||Self-Quizzes||Natural History Event||Species List|
Sources: PowerPoint 03a and 03b, Web, text (p. 282-364)
1. What are arthropods?
2. What percentage of known animals are arthropods?
3. How are insects different from other arthropods? Give examples of insects.
4. How are arachnids different from other arthropods? Give examples of arachnids.
5. What is an exoskeleton?
6. What is the difference between incomplete and complete metamorphosis? Name
the life stages and give examples.
7. What are the advantages and disadvantages to complete metamorphosis?
8. Describe the respiratory system of insects and how it is efficient.
9. What characteristics of Africanized bees make them more aggressive and dangerous
than European bees?
10. What selection pressure led to the aggressive nature of the African bee
compared to the European bee?
11. How do bees communicate the distance and direction of food to each other?