|Schedule||Self-Quizzes||Natural History Event||Species List|
Sources: PowerPoint 02a, Web, text (p. 9-12)
1. Does hot air go up or down? Does cold air go up or down?
2 When air rises, what happens to its temperature? When air sinks, what happens
to its temp?
3. Does warm air or cold air potentially hold more water?
4. What is the difference between absolute and relative humidity?
5. When the air temperature cools, what happens to the relative humidity of
the air? heats?
6. When air rises, what happens to the relative humidity of the air? When
7. When air rises, is it more or less likely to rain? When air descends?
8. What is dew point?
9. When the dew point increases, is it more or less or equally as likely to
10. What are the three causes (types) of precipitation?
11. What causes the seasons?
12. What causes it to be cooler in the southwest during the winter and warmer
in the summer?
13. What are the four major causes of deserts?
14. Where does our rain here in Tucson come from in the winter? in the summer?