|Schedule||Self-Quizzes||Natural History Event||Species List|
QUIZ: PLATE TECTONICS
Sources: PowerPoint 04a, Web
1. Name the theory that explains Earth's topography and much more.
2. What is the underlying mechanism for plate tectonics?
3. Name and give the geological features of each of the five types of plate
4. What are hotspots, and how did a hotspot create the Hawaiian Islands?
5. How and where do explosive versus non-explosive volcanoes occur?
6. How do oceans versus continents form?
7. Where do most earthquakes and volcanoes occur?