|Schedule||Self-Quizzes||Natural History Event||Species List|
Sources: PowerPoint 02c, Web
1. If a species is adapted to the desert, what does this mean?
2. What is meant by a desert adaptation?
3. Explain how our traits are determined.
4. What is a gene? What are genes composed of? What do genes produce?
5. What is meant by a gene pool?
6. Define biological evolution.
7. Name and explain each of the 4 mechanisms of evolution.
8. How does genetic variability arise?
9. How do mutations arise?
10. What is meant by differential reproductive success?
11. What is meant by environmental selection pressures?
12. Give an example of a trait and its likely selection pressure?
13. Name and define and give examples of each of the three types of evolution.
14. How do new species evolve?