|Schedule||Self-Quizzes||Natural History Event||Species List|
QUIZ: CONCEPTS AND CLASSIFICATION
Sources: PowerPoints 01d and 01e, Web
1. List, define, recognize, and give an example of each of the five interrelationships given in class.
2. Define species.
3. How does the binomial system for naming species work?
4. Give taxonomic categories in the hierarchy of classification.
5. What are the two animal phyla covered in this class and their characteristics?
6. What are the two arthropod classes emphasized in this class and their characteristics and examples?
7. What are the 5 classes of vertebrates given in class materials and examples?
8. Name the sciences that study each of the following: insects, fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals
9. What percentage of animals are beetles? insects?, arthropods?, vertebrates?